St. Louis County has decided to close their parks effective at 8 pm on Friday, April 3, 2020. At this time, parks maintained by the City of Des Peres will remain open during daylight hours. Park users are encouraged to observe the following to limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus:
- Stay at home if you are sick
- Keep off playground equipment
- Trail & sidewalk users should walk single file, watch your spacing, and avoid crowded or congested areas
- Keep at least 6 feet from anyone you do not live with
- Avoid crowds of 10 or more
- Avoid touching play equipment, sports equipment & balls, park benches, etc.
The city will continue to monitor park usage and upon the advice of the Des Peres Mayor and Board of Alderman, close additional facilities within the parks, close parking lots to vehicular traffic, or close parks completely.