|REQUEST FOR STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATIONS AND |
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
CITY HALL EVALUATION
PROPOSALS DUE BY
10:00 A.M. ON TUESDAY, APRIL 11, 2017
The City of Des Peres, Missouri, is requesting a Statement of Qualifications and Proposals from qualified architectural firms to provide professional services to the City in evaluation of space needs and renovation options for Des Peres City Hall.
Four (4) copies of the proposal, clearly marked on the outside of the envelope “Des Peres City Hall Architects” shall be delivered no later than 10:00 AM on Tuesday, April 11, 2017, 2016 to the Office of the City Clerk, City of Des Peres, 12315 Manchester Road, Des Peres, Missouri 63131.
The City of Des Peres reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to reject any or all proposals submitted.
Any inquiries concerning the proposal process should be directed to Douglas J. Harms, Des Peres City Administrator, Mr. Harms can be reached at 314-835-6100 or at .
During the evaluation process, the City of Des Peres reserves the right to request additional information and clarifications from vendors submitting under this proposal. Proposal submitted in response to this Request for Proposals shall be valid for a period of forty-five (45) days from date of bid opening and may not be withdrawn or modified by vendors prior to that date.
Submission of a proposal indicates acceptance by the firm of the conditions contained herein unless exceptions are clearly and specifically noted in the proposal submitted and confirmed in the contract between the City of Des Peres and the firm selected.
SCOPE OF SERVICES REQUESTED
The primary purpose of retaining an architect is to study the potential for renovation of the 2nd and 3rd floors of city hall and shall include the following tasks:
1. Prepare a floor plan for each floor of the building showing existing layouts and uses. Drawings shall be provided both electronically and in an 11x17 format. The city has available the original construction documents used in renovating the building in 1975.
2. Conduct a short term and long term space needs assessment for each department of the city housed within the government center.
3. Evaluate the load capacity of both the 2nd and 3rd floors of the Des Peres Government Center for use for long term record storage and make any recommendations relating thereto.
4. Prepare a conceptual plan for future use of the 2nd and 3rd floors of city hall including a cost analysis of preparing the spaces for future tenant finish for useable office and/or storage spaces including an understanding of the costs of plumbing, electrical, fire suppression and HVAC upgrades necessary to prepare the 2nd and 3rd floors for final tenant finish.
Proceeding beyond design development will be subject to future capital budget allocations.
The architect selected will also be requested to undertake two specific projects:
A. Assist in development of conceptual plans and cost estimates for new customer service transaction counters for the Department of Public Works and Office of the City Clerk to provide a more secure work environment by establishing physical separation between customers and staff. Something similar to what is in place for the Municipal Court. Assuming agreement on design and budget, prepare sufficient documents to solicit bids and secure any necessary building permits.
B. Serve as a on-call department to the Department of Public Safety to evaluate options and costs for any building improvements required in conjunction with the city’s pursuit of CALEA Certification for its police operations. The city anticipates two projects may be involved (1) security fencing to protect the emergency generator and (2) modifications to the booking and holding cell area to create both sight and sound separation for male and female prisoners.
All proposals shall include, at a minimum, the following information:
1. A detailed statement of the individuals or firms qualification and experience in provide consulting services similar to those envisioned in the Scope of Work
2. A list of principal(s) to be assigned to this project together with their statement of expertise as demonstrated by working on similar projects.
3. A list of references, including contact name and phone number, of public entities for which comparable architectural work has been done on renovation of similar older institutional buildings preferably in the St Louis Metropolitan Area of within the last three (3) years.
4. A statement of the process the firm would recommend providing the services requested herein and any specific proposals the firm would recommend to expand the scope of service in order to meet the project goals.
5. A proposed timeline assuming contract award by May 22, 2017
6. A written disclosure of any conflicts of interest.
7. Any supplementary information that the vendor believes appropriate.
EVALUATON OF PROPOSALS
Missouri provides that selection of architects shall be done on a qualifications basis with fees for servicers to be negotiated after identification of the preferred architects.
All proposals received will be reviewed to determine compliance with the requirements of the RFP. Primary factors in the evaluation include, but are not necessarily limited to:
1. Firm’s demonstrated experience in providing similar services to municipal clients as identified in the Scope of Work.
2. Vendor staff demonstration of qualifications and expertise regarding relevant experience with municipal clients.
3. The firm’s ability to provide the requested services as demonstrated in the proposal.
4. Firm’s past record of performance with respect to the quality of work and ability to meet stated timelines.
5. The proposed project timeline.
6. An interview at which the architect will be expected to discuss the scope of work they believe is necessary and appropriate for this project.
USE OF DOCUMENTS
All of the documents, reports and work papers prepared or furnished by the consultant under this agreement shall become the property of the City of Des Peres upon completion or termination of this agreement and shall be considered “open records” under the Sunshine Law except to the extent that the vendor shall request that certain processes or work papers shall be considered proprietary information. Such designations of proprietary work product must be detailed in your proposal.
INTENTIONS OF THE CITY
It is the intention that the City will negotiate the terms of a contract with the successful architect on a time and materials basis. Each element of the Scope of Work will be a separate agreement:
• City Hall assessment Time & Materials with Not to Exceed Clause
• Transaction Counters Time & Materials with Not to Exceed Clause
• PS Assistance Reimbursement based on hourly rates as incurred
|3/3/2017 8:00 AM
|4/11/2017 10:00 AM